Saturday, 16 August 2014

Daily Make Up Routine 2014

Wow, well I haven't done one of these for a while, so I thought I'd let y'all have a sneak peak into my makeup bag. My "daily makeup routine" changes so much, but I'm going to talk you through the products I've been loving for the past little while. First things first, base.. Hands up if you're like me and just not bothered with any sort of a primer. I'm a no fuss, no muss kinda gal and I tend to skip this step unless I'm going out for the entire day and need my makeup to last. I find with a good skincare routine you don't need it, but that's just my opinion. Effaclar Duo if used after moisturiser (I use mine before) is a great base or makeup, if any of you gals don't want to fork out for a primer and have the Effaclar Duo!
Foundation
The only foundation I go back to over and over and over again is Rimmel "Wake Me Up" In my eyes it can do no wrong. I love the coverage, how it leaves my skin dewy looking as well as the smell! I know it's a weird thing to say, but it smells seriously good. Well my "Wake Me Up" ran out just before I went to Paris, so I ya know *had* to buy a new one when I went into Sephora. For under €15 this Brightening and Hydrating foundation is absolutely amazing. It's perfect for dry skin and lasts the entire day! It's so easy to blend and is really a dream to apply. I apply my foundation with this Blank Canvas Brush, which I've been 100% converted too. It's so much easier than any other foundation brush I've used! 

Powder
For dry skin, powder for me was always a big no-no! I avoided it like the plague for absolute years, until I found the right one. First of all I fell in Love with the Rimmel "Stay Matte" powder in "Transparent" which I think is an amazing budget powder and have re purchased it time and time again, as it's such good value for money. However recently I've been using the "Agent Zero Shine"* from the Porefessional range by Benefit. It's a really good pore minimising powder and I love the looks it gives. It's not hugely good value for money, but it does work. You don't get a lot of product but if your pores bother you, this is the product for you.

Concealer
This is a no brainer and Collection "Lasting Perfection Concealer" is the first one that springs to mind. It's seriously one of the best concealers I've ever used. I seriously love this, and I would be seriously devastated if it was to ever be discontinued. It's very similar to Benefit's "Boing" without the hefty price tag. It lasts a long time too and doesn't dry up quickly! It's a Blogger's favourite and you can clearly see why. At the moment I'm also loving the Shisedo "Sheer Eye Zone Corrector"* It's not dissimilar to Touche Eclat and I use it to brighten up my under eyes and my brow bone, but in a subtle way. It's perfect for day time makeup. I've been using this for months now and it's a pleasure to use!
Blush
This NYX Blush has been my all time favourite over that last while, it's pink but not too pink and just gives you a "Healthy Glow" like my Mother would say, as well as being cheap as chips. I'm a huge blush fan, and it takes a lot to impress me and after one sweep across the apples of my cheeks I was hooked. I use the Shade "Silky Rose"* and I can't rave about it enough. I've been using it all the time for about 2 months and I've yet to touch pan, which for me is pretty impressive. I use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply it and even now, I get compliments from people asking about my blush, which is great-who doesn't love a nice compliment! 

Bronzer
As it's Summer time I like to add a teeny bit of Bronzer. I do get a nice colour when the Sun shines so it's nice to carry that on through the Summer months. The only Bronzer that's worked well for me and isn't too patchy or too dark is the Hoola Bronzer* by Benefit. Now we all know there's a lot of cheaper bronzers out there, ( A Good dupe is the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer) but I just love the Hoola. You can dust it lightly over your entire face to give you a gorgeous sun-kissed glow, or use it for contouring. Personally I don't contour during the day, as I think it's A) a bit naff  and B) impractical. For a night on the town I will go all out, and will hopefully get a handy step-by-step post for you all soon. I'm by no means an expert but I practise A LOT! ;)  

Eyeshadow
I'm obsessed with the NYX "Jumbo Eye Pencil" in "Dark Chocolate. It's so handy to swatch over your eyelids and using a blending brush, blending it out for a more subtle look. If I'm working I want a slightly darker eye, as I feel it's a little more made up but without going over board! This Eye Pencil does the trick. It doesn't crease and lasts absolutely yonks. Nyx have these in so many different colours and when I finally get to a stand I'll be snatching up a few of them. The only downside is they're hard to sharpen. After doing a bit of research I found if you pop them in the Freezer for 15 minutes, they're a lot easier to sharpen then when they're as they are. It's a little bit bizarre that they're hard to sharpen considering they're a pencil, but that's a small price to pay!
Eyebrows
I'm obsessed with Eyebrows, we all know this and I'm always looking for new nifty products, but I've finally settled to a routine I'm happy enough with for the moment. I use the Sleek "Brow Kit" using a Real Techniques Angled brush. I only really use the powder unless I'm going out then I'll add a teeny bit of wax to set them. I get my desired shape and then I sweep a little bit of Benefit's "Gimme Brow"* to set them in place, which is a product that will change your brow routine. I was honestly so impressed with it and still am months later! If you've sparse brows this is a product you need to get your hands on. It really blows any other Brow Gel out of the water and swoops into first place. If you've confident in your Brow Routine you can do without it, but if you need a little help this is the product for you. 

Eyeliner
This "They're Real Push Up Liner"* has changed my life. Slightly dramatic? Perhaps! I used to be utterly rubbish at any type of liquid eye-liner. I just have zero skill and no matter how hard I tried I could never get the perfect cat flick until this baby came into my life. I'd even go as far to say that if I could only purchase one Benefit Product for the rest of my life, this would be it. It's got a flexi tip that makes getting that much desired liner flick an absolute walk in the park. I'm pretty confident I could do this in the dark now. I've read a few mixed reviews on this and while I can see why people look as it like a "gimmick" it's honestly really worked for me. If you're a pro at liquid liner you don't need this, but if you're like me and rubbish you need to stop what you're doing and run out and get this now! 

Mascara
A few Mascara's have come and gone in the last while, but I always go back to "They're Real"* Yes It's a bitch to take off (unless you have an oil based eye makeup remover then it's a doddle) Benefit have also brought out an Eye Make Up Remover that takes off both the Gel Liner and the Mascara. It genuinely gives me the best looking lashes out of all my Mascara's. Although not too far behind it is was the Fanomenal Lashes by No7, which I first tried in a goody bag which I was very impressed with. It's since been used up and I'm just waiting to get through my stash to buy another one. They're Real however just does something to me, it sucks me in and time after time I go back to it and unless something else grabs my attention like They're Real does, everything else is second place. 

Lipstick
I've a lipstick hoarder. I've so many scattered all over my house, my handbags and everywhere else in between. I'm very fickle when it comes to them and without a second thought will ditch one of my favourites for the next "must have" lippy. At the moment though I've been reaching for "Lollitint"* which is both a lip and cheek stain, so you get extra bang for your buck. I love the gorgeous lilac/pink and love how it just  stains my lips and isn't over powering for during the day. I've applied a few layers to build up the colour, but the beauty of this is that you can use it to suit your mood/look/occasion. As it's in a little bottle it lasts for absolute ages! If you're a fan of the beloved Benefit, you'll love this!

2 comments:

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*