Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm Review

Whenever I'm feeling sick, the first thing I notice is my skin. It generally looks as bad as I feel, so over the past month I've been trying religiously to look after it. Over the past month I've had two products that have been lifesavers, that I'll be sharing with you this week. The First being a product from one of my tried and tested skincare brands Merumaya. I've become great at taking off the 'ol makeup every night before bed (two years ago I was woeful) and no matter how late it is, or how tired I will take it off. I'm lucky to get a few samples so I've always something to try out, so I never run out of cleansers. I was a bit late on the Bandwagon of Cleansing Balms, but after trying the Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm* I'm converted. I've had a rather pleasant experience with Merumaya before when I tested their Iconic Youth Serum so I'm glad to add this to my Merumaya collection. First things first it feels like a luxury cleansing balm. If this was a blind test I would think it was a lot more expensive than £14.50. The Iconic Youth Serum is on the higher end of the scale at £34.50 but it's worth every penny, so I had high hopes for the Melting Cleansing Balm. If you're new to the Cleansing Balm scene like myself, I'd recommend you giving this a whirl first to test the waters. 

The Cleansing Balm itself is very rich and silky and massages into my skin effortlessly. It turns into a milky consistency once water is added, making it easy to remove. You apply it onto dry skin, massaging it in until it begins to liquefy, emulsifying makeup. You then add water and continue to massage until it turns into a milky consistency, then remove with a face cloth. It takes off my makeup with ease and doesn't leave any greasy residue on the skin. It's recommended that you remove the product with a cloth. If you're like me and a Liz Earle Fan you'll know what the drill. You get a deeper cleanse and you're skin feels softer if you use a cloth. But If you're stuck once or twice you still get an adequate cleanse from just your fingers. The packaging is great too. I love the squeezy tube as it's more hygienic than some other cleansing balms on the market that come in a pot. It also makes it easier to pack if you're going away for a weekend or on holidays, as pots weight a lot and can be a  bit of a nightmare to pack. Over all this is a great product. I'm a huge fan of Merumaya and I harp on about their Iconic Youth Serum to everyone and anyone who will listen, and I think I'll be doing the same for this Melting Cleansing Balm. It's Cheap, cheerful and works a treat! 

Merumaya now offer the same shipping costs to Ireland as they do in the UK, which is fantastic. I know myself getting stung with extra shipping charges is a bit off putting, so I'm delighted to say shipping is only £3.95 or free if over £40! It's great that a UK company are looking after their Irish Fans :) 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Definitely gonna give this a try when my Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean runs out! I like the idea of a melting cleanser. Thanks Siany!

    Naomi
    Diamonds n Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fab hun! You'll love it :) Let me know what you think :) xox

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig