Monday, 24 February 2014

La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Cream Review

If you're prone to red skin, then please keep reading, as it may just change your life! When I take off the 'ol makeup I've a big red face. Always have, probably always will. I don't mind it, but when you want a make-up free day, but you want a more even skin tone, it can be hard. Now it's not too red, but it's red nonetheless and I would feel a little more confident if I could do something about it.
As much as I love BB creams (Dr Jart, being my all time favourite) I felt that they didn't do much for my skin, and I stopped using them, as fast as the trend came about. When I head about CC cream, I may have done a little eye roll. What's next? DD cream?. Anyway La Roche-Posay is my all time favourite skincare brand, so when I heard they were introducing a CC cream as past of there Rosaliac range I knew I would have to put my reservations aside and give them a whirl. I'm all for trying new products and seeing if it lives up to it's claims. La Roche-Posay have so many products, all of which are fantastic. Of course I haven't tried them all but all the ones I have tried are absolutely fantastic, and it's definitely my favourite skincare brand. I don't think they're too expensive either so, it's an easy accessible skincare brand, that isn't entirely out of your price range!
 La Roche-Posay have a line specifically to target redness in skin, including Rosacea. Now I do have red skin, but I wouldn't go as far to call it Rosacea.  I know a lot of of Irish girls suffer from it, as well as just having a flare up of red skin (Curse of the Celts!). La Roche-Posay are such a respected brand, and although the packaging is uniform, and nothing really jumps out at you on the shelves, it doesn't need fancy packaging to sell products, as all the products work. I've been lucky enough to try a wide range of their products, and I've not a bad word to say about any of them! Rosacea can vary from person to person and can have various triggers (Sun/heat, spicy foods etc.) La Roche-Posay have a whole line dedicating to combat Roseacea including, now a cover up for it. I unfortunately missed the Event where they talked all about it as I was in Work, but I'm lucky enough to still get to try it out. I find it great that La Roche-Posay have dedicated a whole line to trying to prevent and treat red skin, and I for one, want to try all the range now!
According to La Roche-Posay there are 3 main reasons why people suffer from red skin. Weather Conditions, Stress and Alcohol. Something which we've all suffered from. I know myself if I don't look after my skin, when I'm walking to and from work in the Winter, my skin will be in bits. It will be dry, flaky and will look dull and lifeless. Adding stress and the odd glass of wine(or 6) and you're skin will probably look like a strawberry(exaggeration much?!) Anyway, so with this CC targeting us Celts, who are prone to redness, flushing and is generally quite sensitive. There is a lot of science behind the product, which I won't go too into, as I know myself I'm more concerned with whether it works or not, and tend to skim over science bits in blogs posts. My skin as of late has been looking more red, mainly due to the weather, as I feel I don't protect it as much as I need to, but I'm making a more concious effort to look after it more. I've been applying cream both day and night, and already I've noticed a difference in how my skin is feeling. Now all I have to do is start wearing sunscreen everyday! 
Anyway, on to the CC cream. On first inspection it's a decent sized tube, I like a decent sized product. If you're paying more than the average, you want to get bang for your buck. When I looked at the colour, I was a bit apprehensive. It's quite dark, especially if it's catering for "Celts", as let's face it, most of the time we can look transparent. I was wearing a light later of Cocoa Brown tan the first time I used it, and felt that it blended in perfectly. I've tried it without tan, and didn't feel it was too dark for me either, like I said it blends in well, and doesn't give you the dreaded line! I think if you're more on the paler side of white this isn't a product for you, but if you're in the middle, I'd recommend giving it a whirl and I would  also recommend swatching it before buying. I feel this would be the most amazing product if it came in a couple of colours. If you read up about all the science you'll see that a lot of effort has gone into the product, I just think they need to have a colour selection, rather than one shade fits all. I think a lot of people would really love this if it was a little bit paler! 
La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream*€22.50
As for application, it goes on like a bloody dream. I used my fingers and it blended into my skin so effortlessly, and I'd say it would be even easier with a stipling brush. In terms of coverage this is definitely a medium coverage. I felt it covered my redness sufficiently, and gave me a nice dewy look. My nose always tends to be red, and I was surprised with how well it was concealed,and it didn't look cakey one bit. I mattified it with some powder, as I was going out for a longer period of time,and wanted it to stay in place all day. What I mostly like about this product is the fact that you don't feel you're wearing anything on your face. It's really light and airy. I can see myself wearing this well into the Summer instead of foundation!

Sian xxx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing this as I have just been diagnosed with Rosacea after being treated for two lots of facial skin cancer. I have black hair, blue eyes and very pale skin, from my Great grandmother who was from Tipperary ive been told :). Ive been using Avene but havnt felt it helped much so this range sounds fab, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that Melanie. The whole range is fantastic, and is really good for the skin, I've really sensitive skin, and La Roche-Posay really transformed it, so I'd highly recommend it :) Oh well, it's such a small world, my Mum's side of the family is from Tipperary :) xox

      Delete
  2. Im all better now thanks hon, could happen again but hey ho its not serious....Say nooo to sunbeds :)
    Im definitely buying from the range now, roll on payday!! Small world indeed!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! :) I definitely will! Let me know how you get on! :) xox

      Delete
  3. Completely identify with this, I discovered this product existed through watching a video on you tube of a girl with acne scars and she used this as a base. I will Deffo be giving this a try!!! I still suffer from break out and redness, and have never found any foundation to do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give this gem a go, you won't regret it! :) xox

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*