Friday, 14 February 2014

Cut for Evans Now Launched!

So if you've been living under a rock lately, and haven't heard of Cut for Evans, you're in for a treat! I was meant to be in London this weekend, but I'm too busy and the opening event in Marble Arch Tonight - man I really need to be over to London asap! Anyway I've decided to do a little post and show you some of the new collection, and show all you lovely plus size gals more, and more options! Evans are becoming more, and more on trend and I think it's great that they've recruited new and upcoming talent from both Kingston and Bournemouth Universities. 
Cut for Evans was a ground breaking initiative from Evans that encouraged young designers to be bold in their creativity. Two winners were announced Alice for her contemporary and bold print designs and Rebecca for her Fun and unique knitwear collection, both of which are predicted to be a high street hit. Looking at the collection here, I can see why. Evans have been notorious for their "mumsy" style of clothing in the past but with them recruiting young designers they've really made an impact on the plus size industry. All the prints and patterns are bold, vibrant and are meant to be seen - a far cry from their past collections. I for one love a lot of the  collection, and love the fact that Evans enlisted young talented designers! Below you can see some of their idea's!

The collection is on sale now, which is really exciting! My favourite item is the Yellow Scuba Cut Out Shift Dress It's perfect for Spring/Summer and is so bright and youthful! As you can see some of the collection pictured here, is really bright and funky. Some people will say they're too bright or too much but fashion is suppose to be fun! I'm not saying I'd wear everything from the collection, but It's nice to have colourful options in larger sizes, especially because Evans is the most prominent plus size retailer on the High Street! If you're a bit scared of the bright print, but still want to rock some of the styles from this collection, I'd add a darker colour to make it less vibrant. For example, rock the Yellow Scuba Cut Out Shift Dress with black tights, heeled boots and a fitted blazer. You're still rocking the trend, but you're not too colourful.

Over all I think it's a young and vibrant collection. I think fashion is suppose to be fun and print is always big in for Spring/Summer. I think it's a great way for new designers to start their career, and give us plus size women new and different designs!

What do you think of the Collection?

Sian xxx

6 comments:

  1. The range looks really nice, compared to some of the Evans ranges I've seen in the past. I love the abstract sleeveless shirt. I'm not a plus-size girl myself but I recently started following your blog and love it :) Looking forward to more posts! Danielle x

    frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shirt is one of my favourite pieces! :) Awh thanks Danielle! :D xox

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm so impressed with this collection. Such gorgeous bright and bold colours! Love the yellow dress and the abstract jacket, perfect for Spring!
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11040855

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice change from some their previous ranges :) It's nice to have some really bright colours for Spring! xox

      Delete
  3. I want everything in this bloody brilliant collection. About time they had some young designers. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*